How do I enrol to receive donations for my charitable organisation?
In order to enrol and receive donations, you must be an official representative of an eligible organisation, and then follow these easy steps:
- Search for your charitable organisation by name or registered charity number and then select the organisation you represent. Be sure to confirm you are selecting the correct organisation, as many charitable organisations have similar names.
- Create an organisation administrator account and accept the AmazonSmile Participation Agreement on behalf of your organisation.
- Verify your email address (we recommend that you use an email address that is associated with your charitable organisation).
- Submit your organisationâs bank account information.
- Upload a copy of a bank statement to verify your organisationâs bank account information.
What is an organisation administrator?
An organisation administrator is an official representative of an organisation that has authority to access and manage AmazonSmile programme information on behalf of their charitable organisation.
Why do you need an email address for my charitable organisation?
We require a valid email address so that we can communicate important programme information to each enroled organisation. From time to time we will send emails with information about your organisationâs donation amounts and information about AmazonSmile programme promotions.
Can you mail our organisation a donation cheque instead of sending an electronic funds transfer?
We do not mail donation cheques due to the expense of cheque processing and fulfillment. We distribute donations using electronic transfer to reduce operational expenses so we can donate 100% of the funds to eligible charitable organisations.
Will customers still be able to select my charitable organisation if I donât enrol?
If you do not enrol your charitable organisation, including providing accurate bank account information for an electronic transfer, AmazonSmile customers cannot select your charitable organisation to receive donations from Amazon. You must enrol in order to appear as an option for customers to select your charitable organisation.
What happens if another person has already enroled my charitable organisation and they were not authorised to do so?
If your organisation has been enroled by an unauthorised person please 3606769912.
What are other considerations for my charity?
Charities are responsible for obtaining their own legal, tax, and financial guidance regarding participation in the programme.